Monday, June 2, 2008

Last week for FHE (family hone ening) we did a forever family flower pot. I got the idea from my friend Melody-thanks Melody!! The lesson was on families can be together forever. We went to Walmart and we all chose a flower that we liked and then we came home and started planting. The flower pot represents the gospel that holds us all together. The soil is Heavenly Father's love for us that helps us grow, gives us nourishment and makes us bloom into someone better. The water represents Christ's love for us which we must have in order to grow and change.
This is it! All of us together forever! Shaylar and I picked the same orange flower (choices were limitied) Can you pick out all six flowers?

I love my family so much and am so thankful for my four wonderful children and my husband! I am so blessed!
Friday we went on a family walk around Show Low Lake. We didn't quite make it around the entire lake with the kids but it was fun. Shay and I are going to try it next date night with flashlights! (I just got done working out hence my groovy outfit I know you're jelous!


We bought an ice cream maker machine and Easton found a new hat! We made Homeade mint chocolate chip ice cream-yummy!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Rachel!
It's Melissa Jacks...I got to your blog from Amber Jardines...I'm such a blog stalker :o)
I just wanted to say hi. You have such a beautiful family. Brinley is so cute and your kids are getting so big! Easton was still a baby last time I saw you!
The flower pot FHE is such a great idea. I am going to have to copy you.
Keep in touch!

Nat Lud said...

Rachel! That is such a great post. I love the FHE idea and your pics around the lake are awesome. You guys are such a great fam. We miss ya!

BrImHaLl FaMiLy said...

Great and totally cute Idea that I will have to copy!

Amber and Co. said...

Cute flower pot idea! Looks like a fun family walk around the lake. HOw about some new pics of Brinley? I'm dying to see how big she's growing!

Melody B. said...

The flowers turned out great! What a beautiful family indeed.

Truly and Shane said...

I love this idea. it's such a visual way to teach kids the gospel plan.

What if the flowers die rach?... LOL cutest family picture- uh who took it?

little me said...

What a super cute family!! Did you order any of the photos I sent you?? We miss you guys!!

jaime said...

rach!!!!! you look great and brinley is seriously your cutest baby!!!!! tell shaylar to STOP trying to be a teenager!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhh his haircut is awesome, teeth are perfect!!!!! tell him to put down the bleach.....
love your blog!!!!!

Natalie said...

Rach-It's Nat! LOVE your blog. Honestly, I just started blogging like 3 weeks ago. I'm still VERY green at this whole thing! Mine is very plain, but I hope you enjoy. Good to see you and your fam. Brinley is a doll! Natalie