Monday, April 21, 2008


Ok we had a huge fun weekend and I didn't take one picture!! Since this is my family journal I thought I would at least type about what we did for postarity sakes. Shaylar put in the bubbler system and we planted flowers and shrubs in the front yard. It took all Friday and we were filthy!! Then our friends Keith and Raunlyn West came over with their kids and we played Rock Band. It was pretty fun and I'm impressed with those kids that can really rock!! Saturday Shaylar finished the bubbler system and Tim our electrician came over and put in the pendant lights above our bar. They picked out the lights and I must say when they are on it looks like Harley Davidson fire flames.....don't know if I like them!! Ha-I'll wait a while then switch them out! Also Shaylar is trading out some landscaping so a couple of guys worked outside flattening the ground around the playsystem to prepare for a brick enclosure. I'm so excited! Then Saturday night we went over to Becky and Phil Strattens house to watch the UFC fight with Paige and Trec Reidhead and their extended family. Good fight - St. Pier has the best body and won. We also had the best food- thanks!! Sunday I slept in until about one! When I got up Shaylar and the kids cleaned the entire house and had food ready. It was amazing-I almost cried!! Anyway we all stayed home from church and hung out really doing nothing. Sometimes its really nice to just hang out and not go anywhere. Well its Mondays and back to the old grind!!!! ..fun weekend

9 comments:

Katlyn Papa said...

Hey Guys,its katlyn your blog is so cute see you later

Nat Lud said...

Holy crap! I am so happy you found my blog. I have been trying to 'hunt ya down!' I can't believe you have 4 kids now! She is sure beautiful. And Easton is a mini Shay. We loved seeing the girls all grown up. They are so cute. I am so glad to be able to 'catch up' with ya. Tell Shay we sure got a kick out of his fave thing of 'being rad.' That is so Shaylar. :) Have a great week.
Nat
P.S. That fight rocked! I am a huge GSP fan!

Amber and Co. said...

That was so nice of Shay and the girls to clean up for you. They should pamper you!

Post pics of your new lights, I'm excited to see them!

Take it easy!

Kari said...

Hi Rachel, congrats on your little girl! She is beautiful along with the rest of your cute family. I"m glad you found us!!

Truly and Shane said...

Ok Ok OKAY...so I already knew you were an unbelievable mom and wife and sister and friend and freakin human being BUT look who's intimidated now???? This is sooo cute!

Truly and Shane said...

so I cried reading "everyone's favorites" WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME! is this thing really working????

Melody B. said...

How fun, how do you know Kari?:) I haven't slept until 1pm for probably 11 years! Oh what I would give for that!:) Sounds like you've got a lot of projects going on at your house. I love that...make sure you do before and after pics for us to see!:)

Melody B. said...

What's up? Where are you...did you poop out of blogging already?:P

The Brown Family said...

Hi Rach! I just got on your blog and was so excited to see pics of your adorable kids! I am so glad I got to see you all at Keith's Open House. You look so great! I wish I looked that good after having kids! Can't wait to see you all again and hope everything is going well. Keep in touch! Love you guys!
Katie