Wednesday, May 7, 2008

<<
Oh my gosh once AGAIN Easton came up to me complaining that his nose hurt. I tilted his head up and saw a blue 'something' up his nose! Last time it was a small screw and this time it was a blue light bright peg! He is such a boy!!! I got it out with my tweezers.

This is Shaylar before I introduced him to a pair of sissors! His hair was so long and no he did not wear it this way to workor everyday! He really has the thickest most shiny hair.

And this is him after!! What a difference-I love it-he even went crazy and put in some highlights which I thought was fun.

Last weekend we went to the valley for Bruce Haslam's surprise 60th birthday party. He looks great and it was so much fun to see everyone! The kids played outside on the blowup waterslide and some went swimming. They were so cold but determined to play!! Bruce and Susan Haslam have been dear friends of my parents for about 23 years. I grew up with their kids and we went on lots of vacations together. I consider them family. Happy Birthday Bruce!!!!

Easton would not take his floaties or his mask off. It was hilarious watching him slide down the waterslide!

My sweet family braving the water. You won't be catching me in a swimsuit for awhile--ha ha ha (give me a break Brinley is only one month old! :)) Plus I only enjoy swimming when I can get out of the water and it is so hot outside that I'm not cold.

On our way back to Show Low we stopped at the top of the rim to look at the view and take a picture. It really is so beautiful. We even got Dudley in the picture!

Now Mom don't freak out; it wasn't a 500ft drop just a 200ft drop. HA! J/K It was the prettiest potty break we ever took....the rest room was closed.....

11 comments:

Truly and Shane said...

Hey are you feeling any better? I mean can you be anymore of a trooper mom!!! I'm pretty sureyour oscar is coming fed-ex today!
So many things about this post I loved! From the top: Easton always shoves things up that nose of his! And LIGHT BRIGHT PEG?! Classic, I loved light bright.
*Shaylars hair looks better I guess he was over due...BUT I will be one of the few I sppose that will miss the long hair. I liked it at the CHristmas party- thats the long length I liked best.
*Brucey! Brucey! No question, lets stop being modest: HE'S HOT! Seriously LOOOVE that second dad of ours!
*BEST PICTURE OF THE POST: it's a toss up between Easton and his scuba gear and Taylors hair in the family picture at the rim....yep just scrolled down again and Taylor wins for sure!! Thank you for the best laugh of the week. Close up the picture Rach its unbelievable and she's so sweet and has no idea LOL LOL
....Still laughing

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Awesome entry Rach. I'm so gald you and Shaylar are medical people...comes in handy with a son like Easton who has a facination with inserting things up his nose! I'm so glad you could come down for Bruce's 60th, and really enjoyed the party pics. Easton with his goggles and floaties was primo! Tay's hair was fantastic in your family picture! LOL, and you're right, I just about had a cow when I saw Shay sitting on the ledge with Paigey and Easton. Oh my heck. Love, Mom

Truly and Shane said...

wait- you're blond! How long have you been blond?! Am I grandma Tinsley or did you just do it??

Katlyn Papa said...

I also loved Taylor's hair.Gotta love the wind as soon as you leave the valley it hits ya.I have to say that I am gald that neither of my boys have ever had something stuck in their nose, but you and I both know that they have done enough other things that make me want to commit myself.We need to get together soon!Next Friday?I want to go camping so bad.Maybe later in the summer when the babe is a little bigger we could just go over night!

Truly and Shane said...

P.S. For the record.... Last time it wasnt a SMALL screw it was a GIANT screw up his nose

Truly and Shane said...

sorry this is Shane. Ummm so Taylor's hair is straight out of Poltergeist or Hellraiser and is that Dudley your Dog ? He is the cutest Ewok I have ever seen! I really miss you guys tell Shaylar I like the new lid and we are committed to come visit. P.S. Masks, Floaties and Light Brights RULE.

Amber and Co. said...

LOL. What a funny post. I haven't had a kid stick anything up their nose yet, knock on wood.

Oh wait, do fingers count?! Brooklyn has a serious obsession with picking her nose and then EATING the boogers. EWW...gross! I tell her it's gross and nasty, and she does it anyway. *sigh*. I should take a picture and embaress her in 10 years with it. :)

Okay, seriously, you need to come and see me next time you come down! Lucky for you, I was in Utah anyways this past weekend, or you might be in big trouble. ;) Ah, just kidding you know I love ya.

Shay's hair is very funky. Looks like fun. And your hair looks great. I wouldn't have noticed if Truly didn't say anything, because it looks like how I knew you in Vegas. I really like it. Do you?

Glad you're all doing good.

Kenyon said...

That last picture made ME freak out!!! Yikes, I am afraid of heights. I hope you are getting sleep with that new baby of yours. It can be a rough adjustment :) You look GREAT!

Melody B. said...

YEA...you're back!:) I hear ya on the "things up the nose" bit. Hailey stuck a sweet pea seed up her nose about a year and a half ago. It was SO far up there that we had to take her to the dr. to get it out. It had started to SWELL in the "moist" environment and was almost impossible to get out. WHY? Why do kids put things in their noses?

I think ya look GREAT!

The Brown Family said...

I can't get over how much Taylor looks like you! She is a mini Rachel for sure! Your family is so cute!!! Keep the pics coming! Oh, love your hair blonde too!!!

Melinda said...

Hey Rachel this is Melinda from 6th ward. Sorry I blog hopped! Your family is so adorable and your new little girl is really cute! I'm glad you have a blog! Melinda~